Posted 9/16/2014
I have grown tired and old of watching anime this year. So far though, No Game No life, Irregular at magic high school, nozaki kun, tokyo ghoul, and akame ga kill have been the best anime I seen this year. However, I think most of the ongoing anime that I have listed are probably going to end on a cliff hangar. And you know me, I despise cliff hangars with a such a hatred that neither heaven nor hell shall contain my fury. Thus, I feel like just quitting watching anime all together this year and find something else to do. I probably will just read manga.

Anyway, I wanted to ask if anyone else ever felt burned out of watching anime?

Posted 9/17/2014
I'm pretty burned out. I cut back to 4 series this year. I just picked up Solar Moon. I'm starting to slowly get back into the vibe but there's just so much else I want to do lately it's difficult to find time. This stupid thing called a life.. UGH. 

Posted 9/19/2014
Is watching anime something one does when they have no life? 

Well, maybe.

I am very slowly watching episodes of both new and old Sailor Moon, although I care less for the new one. I had made a decision earlier this summer to stop taking part in any hype, especially within geek culture. Besides, I'd been all hyped up for the past two years just waiting for this new adaptation, all my energy is gone. I'll watch it when I'll watch it. I started Jojo's but didn't get past the first episode, not 'cause I don't like it, but because something happened and I was too lazy to continue...Very far behind on Naruto too.

I'm also dealing with school now, and this summer I had this major inner crisis about my passion/interests and writing which involved not giving much a damn about the same old anime story lines and ecchi-ness. 

Posted 9/20/2014
It's more of just having so much to do anymore than no life. lol My life is nothing but appointments and social gathers anymore. Doesn't help having to spend an extra hour getting ready every morning now.. but soooo worth it. ^-^

Note: Changed my username on here. Figured it was well over due. lol

Posted 9/27/2014
Is watching anime something one does when they have no life? 

Well, maybe.

I am very slowly watching episodes of both new and old Sailor Moon, although I care less for the new one. I had made a decision earlier this summer to stop taking part in any hype, especially within geek culture. Besides, I'd been all hyped up for the past two years just waiting for this new adaptation, all my energy is gone. I'll watch it when I'll watch it. I started Jojo's but didn't get past the first episode, not 'cause I don't like it, but because something happened and I was too lazy to continue...Very far behind on Naruto too.

I'm also dealing with school now, and this summer I had this major inner crisis about my passion/interests and writing which involved not giving much a damn about the same old anime story lines and ecchi-ness. 

I felt the same way about most anime this year, not giving a damn about the story-lines and ecchi-ness. There is only so much one could take before they go insane! Having the high-school setting, panty shots, naive characters, and cliff hangar endings are the norm for this century's anime. ramble, ramble, ramble.

Anime use to be so good back in the day, blah blah blah blah. After October, I will not watch anime anymore. I have found myself not a fan of anime after so long. And, I feel now that anime is indeed for children at least the way anime is heading towards. Not saying it wasn't before but I just gave up with hoping for better anime. Anyway, I'm just going to throw away these old anime reviews I been drafting on & anime dvds. Drastic I know but I don't care anymore~ If anyone want some used anime dvds, let me know.

Posted 9/27/2014
SEND THEM TO ME. 

Well, it depends which ones they are.

Also, I agree with what you said about not being a fan anymore after so long, and giving up on better anime, because that's how I feel. I'll probably catch AOT and that other one.....Flowers of Evil though when they come around again. Then it'll be done but I wont mind taking a look at the old school stuff though if one day i ever get tired of real people on the screen, like I am right this instance. 

It's funny, I sincerely thought that I would never quit watching anime, at least until i'm 40 or so. I thought if I had children, I'd watch it with them. When I was younger, I would draw every single day and gave praise and thanks to anime, telling myself that it's my first love, Like, literally the first love of my life, and it's true! I'm surprised at my disinterest in it now.

Posted 9/29/2014
Indeed Anime has become more of a business then an art like in the past. We see more ecchi Anime each year as that is what sells and as such the demand is met. Perhaps this is why I watch older Anime since few of the news meet good plot standards. Now that I think about I was addicted to Anime a few years back but have calmed down and gathered a certain taste in it. I also got into Manga since there are few good Anime around.

I will not be quit watching Anime because of a few many bad eggs. As all you stated we can always expect a few golden eggs to be laying around  and that is what I'll stick my nose into. I do find myself more busy since I entered College and the term "Adult" was smacked on my like some identification code. Even though I'm busy I do find myself with a smile on my face when I come across a good Anime in my spare time and that is what I hunt for in my Anime ultimately I suppose. I won't rant but point in fact is I'll keep Anime as one my favorite hobbies. 

By..."TheAwsome"
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;