Posted 8/08/2013
  「リトルウィッチアカデミア」 

Little Witch Academia

Little Witch Academia is an anime short that debuted in theaters in March of 2013 and has received countless praise from all critics and fans. It was created by the small studio, Trigger, which pulled all their resources in order to deliver something worthy of the silver screen.

You may notice that the animation resembles a mix of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt. If so, you are correct. Studio Trigger was founded by ex-Gainax and ex-Studio 4°C staff members who all worked closely on the shows. The group is very tight knit and thoroughly enjoy their new endeavors together, and it shows in the quality of their animation. And with the help of voice acting greats like Megumi Han, Yoko Hikasa and up and upcoming star in Michiyo Murase they delivered what can only be called a masterpiece of it's time.

Little Witch Academia delivers the anime humor we've come to love with excellent wit and charm. The animation flows gracefully between frame to frame whilst being shrouded with an amazing soundtrack. The worlds' setting shows incredible depth while only letting you scratch at the surface layers. You'll also find yourself wanting to learn more and more about all the characters.

As much as I proclaim it's greatness, I'm sorry to say Little Witch Academia only consists of one episode.

But not if Trigger x Kickstarter can help it.

At of the beginning of this month, August 2013, animating studio Trigger announced they reached their $500,000 goal through Kickstarter and will be starting on their next animated short, 'Little Witch Academia 2'. Now armed to the teeth with a budget, I'm giddy in anticipation for what they plan to create.

To see the announcement video, head over to Siliconera.com.

And as an added bonus, studio Trigger will be releasing their Collectors Edition this August. This will include the 26 minute animated Short in Blu-Ray and DVD format, the 'How the Magic Was Born' making of DVD, a full art book and original soundtrack. This will only be available through Trigger's official website. Price will be $61 US. 

See: http://www.st-trigger.co.jp/

I can't wait to hear more news on this project and I will definitely be keeping this thread up to date with as much information as I can find.

But enough about my opinions. See the video at the bottom of this post to find out for yourself the magnificence that is 'Little Witch Academia'.

Looking forward to hearing what you all have to say about it!

Post up comments, questions and always give love to Trigger for what they create.

So please enjoy!

And continue spreading the love that is Anime!

For your enjoyment, Little Witch Academia.

--Last Edited 08/08/13--

http://youtu.be/RBlqxEIJ_Cg

Posted 8/08/2013
This worries me slightly as it seems like another business shot. Sort of like Sailor Moon remake. But I'll swallow back and hope this isn't the case.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/08/2013
If you're interested in seeing studio Triggers other works, check out the videos below.

Keep in mind, Inferno Cop is a very old show they worked on. Obviously they had a lot of fun with it.

Inferno Cop

http://youtu.be/gy0E-1MD0bw

Posted 8/08/2013

Posted 8/08/2013
This worries me slightly as it seems like another business shot. Sort of like Sailor Moon remake. But I'll swallow back and hope this isn't the case.

By... "TheAwsome"

For right now I doubt it's gonna become one of those. Sailor Moon is aiming at that, I believe, because it's part of a huge enterprise as well as owned by major corporate producing companies. Trigger is independent and privately owned. They kind of have the ability to do whatever they want. And the $500,000 was donated from fans and friends. 

There's always a chance, but right now I don't think that's what they're aiming at. If they lose their fan base the studio will be done for.

Posted 8/08/2013
Awsome the short is insanely good.

In the last year this video was one of the best things I've ever seen. The characters are very well done and the animation is amazing. All around it deserves a chance at being turned into a full fledged series or movie.

Posted 8/08/2013
ooo! thanks for posting DamDirtyApe! I completely forgotten about this. 

Posted 8/08/2013
ooo! thanks for posting DamDirtyApe! I completely forgotten about this. 
 Welcome! I'll post anything I hear about it.

Posted 8/08/2013
The Little Witch Academia Collectors Edition will be up for preorder August 13th through studio Trigger's website, http://www.st-trigger.co.jp/

The bundle will contain the 26 min. animated short along with a, 'How the Magic Was Born' DVD, art book and original soundtrack CD. As of now there is no price given, but it will be revealed at the jump.

Definitely gonna be copping this one.

Source: CrunchyRoll.com

Posted 9/12/2013
Late announcement, but pricing has been revealed for the Collectors Edition. 

$61.

Somewhat overpriced for a collectors edition containing one episode in my opinion, but for any fan this is a must have. I am currently struggling with convincing myself not to buy it.

Posted 9/12/2013
I was hoping they would have come out with more episodes, disappointment face. 

Posted 9/12/2013
I was hoping they would have come out with more episodes, disappointment face. 

Hopefully sometime May of next year :|

All green lit and ready to go still. As far as I can tell there hasn't been any delays. Fingers crossed!

Posted 10/04/2013
The launch of Kill La Kill has gone fantastically. The show is absolutely amazing! Check it out at CrunchyRoll whenever you have a chance!

Posted 10/05/2013
I saw the first episode. I really like the animation style, but I wasn't really interested in the plot. Still am going to give it a few episodes. But I am glad to see how popular it is. The animators really deserve the limelight.

Toggle Spoiler
Would have preferred it they left out the black goku type school girl outfit. I'm a sucker heroines/heroes beating people with raw talent instead of depending on some item they discover.
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;