Posted 8/18/2013

So did anyone watch this series all the way through including the special 3 episodes OVA?

I'm just wondering what everyones' thoughts were on the ending if they did watch the whole series...
because I did. 

The end of season 2, episode 13 was pretty killer and mainly just a flashback (so of course it didn't satisfy me)

But after watching those 3 episodes..

THE DISAPPOINTMENT IS REAL!! 

Toggle Spoiler
I CAN'T BELIEVE KYOSOUKE CHOSE KIRINO AFTER ALL THAT TIME, ONLY TO END UP GOING BACK TO THE BEGINNING!
WTF IS HE GOING TO DO WITH THE FUTURE NOW .-.!
So apparently they went back to being normal siblings.. 
So Kyosouke ends up rejecting like 4-5 girls only to go back to his normal "unpopular self" and I really can't stand how his sister and him have all those mutual feelings, those recordings that Kirino had and they just end up.. completely destroying it at the end.
I can only hope these feelings for one another exist between them because those feelings were so built up in the last 3 episodes!
I really liked kuroneko and kirino... but still.. was it really worth dumping 4-5 girls (his love for kuroneko was pretty real) for his sister only to go back to being normal siblings? That bothers me :(
This ending.. I just don't.. agree with it. =(
According to the author though, it was meant to be a full kirino x kyosouke ending but apparently the publishers/editors thought it was too taboo (damn you editors/publishers)
hkjhsafkaergfhdskhfg at the last episode they are going to meet with their group of friends again, Saori, Kuroneko, Kirino, Kyosouke (with a new member according to Saori)
and now they're going to be at a table like "haha guys!! jk!! we don't love each other anymore!!"
A-W-K-W-A-R-D
KYOSOUKE, YOU JUST DUMPED KURONEKO TO THE GROUND AND NOW YOU'RE SITTING THERE ALL SINGLE WHILE KURONEKO IS BROKEN THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP DIDN'T EVEN LAST, WHAT A SCUMBAG =/!
Well I think that's enough of me 

So what did you guys think? 

<- Currently wishing there was more information on the future.

Posted 8/18/2013
I'm actually just about to watch the OAVs on CR. 

Was too tired to watch it last night.

Posted 8/18/2013
Yea the ending was a bit of a let down. Was hoping it would be different considering it was a OVA and not a TV release.

Toggle Spoiler
Even though i can understand publisher's decision, they shouldn't have taken up the project in the first place since the entire series was building up to them getting together. A lot of people were confused about them getting together as well. If you watched the series you should have been expected that sort of ending. Hopefully the manga at least ended correctly.

As for the series as a whole? I normally avoid this type of stuff but the story was just really well done. If they would have gotten together though, the series would have gone a lot longer and been a lot more serious. I don't know if I would have been happy if they didn't fully address it being social taboo.

Posted 8/18/2013
Ughh, I'm just so bothered.  How did the manga end anyways? I know the light novel and anime end the same.
Toggle Spoiler
Heidheiwjhqowjfk, i agree. I can't believe they would go through all of that, destruction of manami's friendship, kuroneko and saori are supportive, I like that. But they don't even show ayase's reaction to the relationship.. Bummer.
in my opinion the ending should of been them being together because that's what the fans and me were anticipating, who kyosouke would choose in the end in this love hexagon sort of ordeal.
apparently there's a 10 year after story coming out and I would love to read that. I need to happen what happens in the future !

Posted 8/19/2013
I didn't even know they released yet. I've read the light novels already, so yeah, I know how it ends, but I definitely wanna check these out. It's a pretty good adaptation of the series, to say the least.

Posted 8/20/2013
Ughh, I'm just so bothered.  How did the manga end anyways? I know the light novel and anime end the same.
Toggle Spoiler
Heidheiwjhqowjfk, i agree. I can't believe they would go through all of that, destruction of manami's friendship, kuroneko and saori are supportive, I like that. But they don't even show ayase's reaction to the relationship.. Bummer.
in my opinion the ending should of been them being together because that's what the fans and me were anticipating, who kyosouke would choose in the end in this love hexagon sort of ordeal.
apparently there's a 10 year after story coming out and I would love to read that. I need to happen what happens in the future !
 I would have loved to see a 10 year story. Too bad I don't see it ever coming being released as a OAV or movie.

Posted 8/20/2013
Toggle Spoiler
 I would have loved to see a 10 year story. Too bad I don't see it ever coming being released as a OAV or movie.

It's already been mentioned that a 10 year after story is *supposed* to come out. I don't mind if it's not animated, I just need to know the official ending!! 
There are some PSP adaptations but I don't own one to play the game :(

Toggle Spoiler
The author in an interview stated his intentions for the ending to be a kiss on the lips but editors/publishers edited it to the cheeks.
So I guess I can live with that notion for now ><
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;