Posted 7/23/2013

Time Left!

Welcome to ARTaku! Be sure to submit your entries below for the event between July 29th to August 4th. You can freely talk about the event here. If you want feedback please do not post the actual image but instead specify that you want feed back and provide a link. Entries posted prior to 12:00AM EST July 29th will not be accepted!

How to vote:
  • Like ("thumbs up") any entry you like! Dislikes are not considered and are frowned upon in this contest.
How to enter:
  • The contest is simple, create your own ad that represents the site. The images can be in jpg, gif, or png. Animated ads are welcomed! If you see an ad you like simply give it a thumbs up. Only your first submission will be accepted but you're free to submit multiple for fun. To full ad requirements see the section below.
Prizes:
  • First Place: Awarded the "ARTaku's Golden Glory" achievement and consideration of being selected to have their entry used to advertise the site. First place winner will also have the honor of having a custom achievement made in their name and having their artwork showcased on the home page for 1 week. Note: The achievement must be approved by site staff for both content and technical requirements.
  • Second Place: Awarded the "ARTaku's Silver Lining" achievement as well as have their artwork showcased on the home page for 1 week.
  • Third Place: Awarded the "ARTaku's Bronze Finisher" achievement.
  • All others: All entrants will receive the "ARTaku Participant" achievement.
Ad Requirements
All ad images submitted must meet the following requirements:
  • All artwork must be 100% original with the exception of the OtakuElite logo. 
  • Does not incorporate any material by a third party.
  • Does not violate any copyright, trademark, privacy laws, or other rights of third parties.
  • No photographic imagery of people.
  • Ads must use the OtakuElite logo or similar variation.
  • Must be suitable for ages 13 and up. May not contain gore, blood, foul language, sexual images, or other content not suitable for minors.

Rules and Restrictions
  1. Eligibility: a) Contestants must be at least age 13 or above. b) Applicants below the age of 18 at the date of the contest start should obtain parental consent before entering. d) list the ad requirements listed above. e) All entrants must he an OtakuElite account. (No purchase necessary) d) Family, friends, and site staff are not eligible to enter a qualifying entry but may enter for fun.
  2. Start/End Dates: The contest will begin at 12:00 AM EST Monday July 29th 2013 and end 11:59 AM Sunday August 4th. All entries outside of this time frame will not be considered.
  3. How to Enter: Contestants should submit all entries to the official site thread during the dates of entry. The forum link will be provided prior to the event start. Any applicants posted prior to the entry times will not be considered. You may however, reenter your entry after the contest has begun. Contestants may only submit one entry during the contest.
  4. Drawing: Winners will be selected based on the total LIKES on the forum. Dislikes will not be used to calculate the winners. In the event of a tie breaker the winner will be selected by the site staff.
  5. Prizes: The following prizes will be awarded:
    1. First Place: Awarded the "ARTaku's Golden Glory" achievement and consideration of being selected to have their entry used to advertise the site. First place winner will also have the honor of having a custom achievement made in their name and having their artwork showcased on the site home page for 1 week. Note: The achievement must be approved by site staff for both content and technical requirements.
    2. Second Place: Awarded the "ARTaku's Silver Lining" achievement as well as have their artwork showcased on the site home page for 1 week.
    3. Third Place: Awarded the "ARTaku's Bronze Finisher" achievement as well as have their artwork showcased on the site home page for 1 week.
    4. All others: All entrants will receive the "ARTaku Participant" achievement.
  6. Eligibility for Site Use: Only selected entries will be considered for site us. a) Contestant must be 18 years or older unless written consent is given by a parent or guardian. b) Contestants who are not a citizen of United States of America will be considered based on foreign and domestic laws and limitations. c) You must relinquish all rights to the submission and the entry will become the exclusive property of OtakuElite who holds exclusive rights to modify and reproduce any submissions. d) No monetary benefits will be paid for any content used for site advertising. e) The contestant my choose to not have their artwork used for advertising. However you will not be able to revoke rights for any property given to OtakuElite. f) Additional personal information will be required before any artwork is used for advertising including, but not limited to, your name, address, phone number, and email address. This information will not be given out to any 3rd parties. g) Certain federal, state, and local laws may apply.
  7. Privacy: No additional information besides what's listed in the site's Terms of Service will be collected.
  8. Miscellaneous: TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, OTAKUELITE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ILLEGAL CONTENT SUBMITTED BY USERS. OTAKUELITE WILL FOLLOW ALL LEGAL ACTIONS REQUIRED TO REMOVE ILLEGAL CONTENT. BY SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY YOU AGREE THAT YOU MEET ALL OF THE RULES AND RESTRICTIONS. YOU ALSO UNDERSTAND THAT BY SUBMITTING ILLEGAL CONTENT THAT YOU MAY BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED DUE TO COPYRIGHT OR TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT. OTAKUELITE HOLDS THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE RULES AND RESTRICTIONS UP UNTIL THE DATE OF THE CONTEST. OTAKUELITE HOLDS THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE CONTEST PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE CONTEST.

Posted 7/23/2013
Image Resources:

http://www.otakuelite.com/images/public/press/resources/logo/logo-slogan-com.png

Free Image Editing Software (provided by NeNe):

download.cnet.com offers a wide variety of software for both PC and Mac. Some are free, some need to be purchased, and some allow free trials. I know for certain that there are free trials of Adobe products such as Photoshop, and all software on this site has been scanned and approved as virus free! Go check it out!

gimp.org is a free alternative to Photoshop and has a couple cool features.

pixlr.com is an online photo editor (though please keep in mind that not all images found on the internet are open sourced for the public and altering them may lead to copyright issues so avoid using images you do not have the rights to).

Posted 7/29/2013
ARTaku is now live!

Posted 7/29/2013
I wonder what we will see? What do you guys think?

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/30/2013
Decided to kick things off with a Mr. Popo parody for fun.

Posted 7/31/2013
How will you work with images in the wrong dimensions?

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/31/2013
It's not a major concern. The contest is to just have fun advertising the site no matter what the dimensions. If it's good enough and I can use it for an ad we'll work something out afterwards.

Posted 7/31/2013
It's not a major concern. The contest is to just have fun advertising the site no matter what the dimensions. If it's good enough and I can use it for an ad we'll work something out afterwards.
 Oh ho ho! Let the creativity begin! I hope you accept MS Paint JPG format.

Posted 7/31/2013
You can go with anything you want! Just try to avoid bitmaps as they're pretty large file sizes.

Posted 8/01/2013
This stuff hurts my back. God I sound old.

At least the music was good.

Solo Monk - Thelonious Monk mixed with Rainy Mood

Anyways, it's a concept. Run with it? Don't forget the scissors.

Posted 8/01/2013
This stuff hurts my back. God I sound old.

At least the music was good.

Solo Monk - Thelonious Monk mixed with Rainy Mood

Anyways, it's a concept. Run with it? Don't forget the scissors.

You drew this! Amazing!

Respect from... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/01/2013
 You drew this! Amazing!

lol. Appreciate it. I don't know how to do any advanced stuff. So I'll just keep concepts as the idea. Though concepts can't win, maybe they'll inspire someone

Posted 8/01/2013
 You drew this! Amazing!

lol. Appreciate it. I don't know how to do any advanced stuff. So I'll just keep concepts as the idea. Though concepts can't win, maybe they'll inspire someone
 I just listened to the music your more old fashion then I though good sir. I wonder what Sophisticated Roach thinks?

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/01/2013
 Ahh. Your image keeps failing to load for me.

--Edited 1505 8/01/13--

Posted 8/01/2013
Don't quote huge broken images. lol

Posted 8/02/2013
Your link is broken again.

Posted 8/02/2013
Your link is broken again.

Are you sure I can see it!

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/02/2013
Yes. Use imgur.com to upload your image instead. You're looking at a cache version of the image which only you can see. If you refresh a few times it'll probably be shown as a broken image.

Posted 8/02/2013
Here is my submission.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/02/2013
Yes. Use imgur.com to upload your image instead. You're looking at a cache version of the image which only you can see. If you refresh a few times it'll probably be shown as a broken image.
 Thanks can you see both of them?

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/02/2013
 Thanks can you see both of them?

By... "TheAwsome"

I can now see the pokemon one but can't see the Roach anymore. Also let me know which one you want to use for the contest. Limit of 1 valid entry per user. You can post as many as you want though for fun.

Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;