Posted 8/05/2013
I would love to see a feature called recommendation under an anime tv show or movie. This feature will allow someone to recommend an anime but in order to actually show up as a recommendation it needs at least 5 likes and a short sentence describing why the two anime shows/movies or that it is part of the same genre with better story and etc.

It would also be nice to have forum signatures (things that are on the bottom of each forum post you post which you may enable or disable each time you post).

Additionally, would like to see a way to link certain things like your facebook, twitter, or other things that people may want to contact a fellow member from. This does not mean that linking through logging in but easier ways to have certain features available to contact someone such as a twitter, facebook, tumblr, deviantart, and etc available as an icon of some sorts on the about page of a user member.

oh yes would like a feature that says the original post has been updated then given the date/time it was updated and the reason by the original poster.

On a final note, would like it somehow to have the IRC chat more visible on the website somehow though the design maybe in the center as one of the tabs or possibly as part of the sidebar of the main home page of the website.. The reason being  is that the chat feels too hidden based on the current design of the website. 

Before I forget, if this hasn't mention before but I would love to see a favicon for the website.

Posted 8/05/2013
There will be a full system put in place for recommendations that will be based on an algorithm that will recommend series based on how users with similar tastes rated the series. It'll be based on things such as genre, themes, your personal like of story, animation, sound, etc. It's expected to be a very complex code so optimizing it will take some time once it happens.

Signatures was a feature I had at one point but never implemented. I plan to have something but am not sure what yet. It may either be a small status message you can add to the bottom of your posts or a full signature. If it's a full signature it will only be shown on your last post on the page.

Social integration is coming as well it's just taking some time since it requires reworking the entire user account system to a new updated system that is more friendly with social networking sites. Once the transition is done you'll have a TON of options. At this time though I'm only looking at FB, twitter, and G+. I also don't see why I couldn't include features in your profile to share links to other sites. Such as deviantart, twitter, etc. It'll probably be added at some point soon.

Posted 8/05/2013
For updating.. idk about a reason. Will likely have something to show the edit time. It's something I've wanted to do but haven't gotten to yet.

Posted 8/05/2013
I like the favicon. 

I tried to make it look nicer though. It's really hard to fit the logo in. Right now it's OE with the eye lash circling it. Wasn't easy to get right. 

Misread that. lol These is a favicon though. Not sure why you're not seeing it. Let me know your browser and version and I'll look into it.

Finally not sure about IRC. I've been debating on IRC ages as I don't want to risk taking away from the forums. For now I'm keeping it where it is but down the road I may choose to move it if enough people request it.

Posted 8/05/2013
Sorry about that, I just never notice the favicon until now which was the OE with the eye lash. I forgotten that the favicon shows up as part of the tab of google chrome and not part of the address. I never knew it was an eyelash, I thought looking at it right now that it might have been a corner closed paper. 

It looks perfectly fine since everytime I look at it I am reminded that I am on the website and not on a different one.

Posted 8/05/2013
Don't swear it. lol 

Posted 8/06/2013
Some sites use the points system to unlock certain features or emoticons. Doesnt sound like much but it adds some spice to forums.

Posted 8/06/2013
Some sites use the points system to unlock certain features or emoticons. Doesnt sound like much but it adds some spice to forums.
 But I think that demotivates some people from wanting to join and creates pointless competitions between users at times, that's why I left CrunchyRoll.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/06/2013
 But I think that demotivates some people from wanting to join and creates pointless competitions between users at times, that's why I left CrunchyRoll.

By... "TheAwsome"

I don't go on crunchy roll since it's so mainstream. Hate to sound so hipster, but it's really all they do. I hear great things about Attack on Titan, but it's all they talk about these days. They talk about whats popular. I see you're point on my idea though. 

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

I don't go on crunchy roll since it's so mainstream. Hate to sound so hipster, but it's really all they do. I hear great things about Attack on Titan, but it's all they talk about these days. They talk about whats popular. I see you're point on my idea though. 
 Now don't be that way to much. Don't resist things because every one does it you will limit your experiences you can have. An example being 'Attack on Titan" you can watch it but if you don't like it you don't there is no problem with trying popular things. But like everything in life you must place boundaries. What you are doing is putting to many boundaries.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

Now don't be that way to much. Don't resist things because every one does it you will limit your experiences you can have. An example being 'Attack on Titan" you can watch it but if you don't like it you don't there is no problem with trying popular things. But like everything in life you must place boundaries. What you are doing is putting to many boundaries.

By... "TheAwsome"

Saw one episode and thought it was awesome! Didnt get the chance to watch the rest. Just don't want the whole forum talking about one anime when there are others this season to be discussed.

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

Saw one episode and thought it was awesome! Didnt get the chance to watch the rest. Just don't want the whole forum talking about one anime when there are others this season to be discussed.
 You could always Blog on what you like that's what I do!

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

Blogs are fun! But the site needs more followers.

Posted 8/06/2013
I think saying he's putting too many boundaries is an assumption. He's only mentioned two things he doesn't want to try: using crinchyroll and watching Attack on Titan.

It isn't just hype behind Crunchyroll's name, it's just a reputation that's been built over time. I'm not glorifying it, but even if you aren't a premium member you could enjoy very good quality videos.. I think they were probably one of the first to offer that type of service, so it's only natural that for them to have as big of a name. Once you've used it perhaps you can decide whether you truly like it or not, and also don't even worry about the hype. I also think you should try watching at least the first episode of Attack on Titan too. Also, you don't have to participate in or even mind the conversations if you find people give too much attention to what's popular. 

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

Nah I put up plenty of posts and so has 'Complex" we are the main Bloggers on the site. Why would we need follower?

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/06/2013
Oops, scratch that suggestion on watching shingeki, I am just now reading your replies.

Posted 8/06/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

By... "TheAwsome"

Nah I put up plenty of posts and so has 'Complex" we are the main Bloggers on the site. Why would we need follower?

By... "TheAwsome"

Lol, you don't just sit around and wait for people to be more active here. You must lead by example. 

Posted 8/06/2013
I think saying he's putting too many boundaries is an assumption. He's only mentioned two things he doesn't want to try: using crinchyroll and watching Attack on Titan.

It isn't just hype behind Crunchyroll's name, it's just a reputation that's been built over time. I'm not glorifying it, but even if you aren't a premium member you could enjoy very good quality videos.. I think they were probably one of the first to offer that type of service, so it's only natural that for them to have as big of a name. Once you've used it perhaps you can decide whether you truly like it or not, and also don't even worry about the hype. I also think you should try watching at least the first episode of Attack on Titan too. Also, you don't have to participate in or even mind the conversations if you find people give too much attention to what's popular. 

Nope! I like Attack on Titan. The problem with Crunchyroll is that the community talks about what's popular for the most part. They just go by treads. Nothing wrong with that, but it just doesn't make for interesting discussions. 

Posted 8/06/2013

Nope! I like Attack on Titan. The problem with Crunchyroll is that the community talks about what's popular for the most part. They just go by treads. Nothing wrong with that, but it just doesn't make for interesting discussions. 
 Indeed it does get boring sir.

By... 'TheAwsome"

Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;