Posted 2/25/2011
Hi there.

I have a suggestion. I think you guys should add a "Help", "General Guidelines", or "Getting Started" section to the website.  As a new user to the site, I feel a bit hesitant about doing things on this site.  I am thinking it should have general as well as in-depth explanations.  With a page like this, people will know what you are expecting and how exactly you want things to be done.  Even though you have some instructions on the Add Entry pages and some in other places, it would be nice to have instructions and explanations all in one place.

Posted 2/25/2011
There was previously a help section for the submission page but it was removed and replaced with brief in-page guidelines to help make the submission pages more inviting. However, I have actually been thinking of bringing back a new help section, but haven't made a final determination on the design.

As far as the "Getting Started," that's a great idea! I may think I may replace the site features page link on the home page with a "Getting Started" link. For now I don't believe there is a need for General Guidelines, it depends on if you're talking about user guidelines or submission guidelines. For user guidelines, until it becomes an issue I prefer to keep the site as inviting as possible. For submission guidelines I will look into tweaking the in-page help to make it easier to understand.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Posted 5/21/2012
Hey ya well I just became a member (yaay) and well I am using my iPod touch and I want to know how to watch anime with it. Please and thank you!

Posted 5/21/2012

Welcome Leekay!

While I'm not an iOS user, from what I know iOS doesn't support flash. However all videos on the site are through Crunchyroll and you can download the iPOD app here:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crunchyroll-watch-anime-drama/id329913454?mt=8

Until CR switches to HTML5 this is the best solution. Good luck!

Posted 6/02/2012

Greets all! I intially found my way to your site via your Android app, and have been enjoying poking around.  However, if you're still up for some suggestions, I think adding an indicator to the database entry if episodes or video (and subbed/dubbed/both) is available would be useful.  I saw some of the entries were marked for trailers, but you had to hunt for the video cross-reference.  Also, has there been any thought given to including voice actors to the database? 

Keep up the good work!

One last random question...WestNyorai - is your avatar from Highschool of the Dead? (just curious)

Posted 6/02/2012

@LadyWreene, yes! It's Kohta Hirano. 

As far as the ability to filter entries based on episodes available it has been planned on the site but hasn't been implemented yet. As for the mobile app, sadly you cannot watch full episodes on the app. This is because the quality in flash is so poor it would actually be more bothersome than it's worth.

Also, voice actors are planned! Hopefully by the end of the year the rest of the site's projects will be finished up and I'll be able to focus on adding voice actors and other staff members.

PS: Check back in two week. I'll go ahead and add the "videos available" filter to the site's anime search for you. :)

Posted 9/30/2012

whats with all the adds and do you use other streams other then CR ?

Posted 9/30/2012

WEW_Ghost, I have already spoken with Hulu and they won't give access to their distribution feeds until site traffic improves. In the past the site used YouTube, Hulu, and Joost but it acted more as a search engine crawling the sites for videos and wasn't as reliable. Because CR has been supportive of the site I have no other plans to spread out any further at this time. 

PS: You can filter anime with videos on the search page using the "media" filter. It's found under "more filters"

Link: http://www.otakuelite.com/search/anime?q=&f=m%3Ae%3B

Good Luck!

Posted 10/01/2012

i see.  if MU didnt go under the net would still be fun. still like the sight lay out fun to get around

Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;