Posted 4/17/2013
As of now the site can't do much more due to lack of users. In order to solve this we need more commercials or commercialization of this site. The problem is this costs money. So the reason I brought this to the forums is to see if ant one has some ideas that are reasonable. By doing this we can bounce ideas around on how to get this sight noticed. And don't be afraid to speak your ideas.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 4/17/2013
I have a newsletter that's going to be going out late tonight or sometime tomorrow to around 3000+ users over the next few days. I'm hoping it will get some return users.My goal is to hit around 10-15 active users (posting at least once a week) on the forums. At that point I'm going to let the site grow organically.

Newsletter Draft
OtakuElite Online April 2013 Newsletter

Hi everyone! It's hard to believe that we're already 4 months into the year! I thought it'd be a great oppertunity to go over some of the big changes that have been happening at OtakuElite.

View Kusajishi Yachiru's Character Data New Database Features
Over the last year the anime character database has been completely revamped with a ton of new features! The character database now offers more information than ever along with a new layout and user commenting. Ever wanted to know Ichigo Kurosaki's blood type, age, or even his height and weight? Maybe you want to find the perfect cosplay? Search hundreds of anime characters based on hair color, weight, height, or even personality traits!

Improved Anime Lists
Tired of having hundreds of anime series on your personal lists but not being able to tell which is which? The new user list page offers a search engine tailored to your list. You can search for titles through custom filters along with the ability to manage your lists directly from the list page! Spend less time searching and more time watching!
Learn About And Watch Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Watch The Pet Girl of Sakurasou New Shows
Not sure what to watch? There are thousands of episodes of anime to watch for free directly on our site! Need help deciding? Use the new media filter located on the anime search page and find anime series that you can watch directly on our site instantly! Watch the latest series for 2013!

Improved Forums
Join the community and chat it up on our new and improved forums that include a very rich text editor. Tired of BB Code? Toss it away and start talking in style with a far more powerful editor that places you in control! You can even embed YouTube videos directly on the forums! And did we mention having 96 emoticons to choose from?

Customizable Layouts
User profiles are now customizable. Yea, you read correctly! Change your profile colors, background images, and even upload your own custom banner! Tired of ads on your personal profile pages? No problem! Your custom banner now replaces all ads so you can make your profile your own!

Blogs
You can now create your very own blog posts using our rich text editors. Along with our customizable layouts, you can make a blog like no other. Share your thoughts and even get feedback from other users. Want to keep a personal journal? Great news! You can post private blog posts for you and you alone!
Learn About And Watch Naruto Shippūden

Learn About And Watch School Days Private Messages
While it's great to share your thoughts with others on the site, sometimes you'll want to share a private message with other users. With the new private message system you can send PMs directly to other users. And you guessed it! You can create fully customizable private messages and even include images!

So what are you waiting for? Check out these many new features and more on our site and stop by the forums to say hi! We're just a click away! And have you forgoten your password? No problem! Just click here [to do] and we'll get you back on the saddle in no time! And we WILL respond if you email us back!

Can't wait to see you!

PS: Don't forget to check out the Anime Database app on Google Play! Twitter or Facebook Follow us for the latest news and updates!

Please view our privacy policy. Don't want to receive these messages? Click unsubscribe [to do]. ©OtakuElite Online 2013

Posted 4/17/2013
Looks like the editor is being buggy with internal links again and not showing images correctly. D: I'll have to look into fixing that. At least they're shown right now.

Posted 4/18/2013
Oh wow, the newsletter looks awesome!

Well, as for spreading the word out there, being active on forums helps. Personally, I just have a link on my signature and on my profile. I make sure I engage with other users and make friends. Networking definitely helps. And it's free. Other than that, I can't think of other means of going about it every day. I've also noticed that our ads have been popping up on crunchyroll a lot lately.

Posted 4/18/2013
Just sent out 200 emails tonight. Tomorrow I'll see how many responses I get and check my outflow limits. I may end up doing 300 or 400 more tomorrow since I found a way to bypass the limit (sorta).

Posted 4/25/2013
Just sent out 200 emails tonight. Tomorrow I'll see how many responses I get and check my outflow limits. I may end up doing 300 or 400 more tomorrow since I found a way to bypass the limit (sorta).
 I want to help this cool site grow as well, which is why I do want to "represent" or at be "partnered"with you guys in some manner, Here's a little update. Excuse my awful grammar! I'm typing this while half asleep.

My little review venture had hit two small obstacles. One of the problems, was that I had no way of having my reviews stand out from the others (Mainly Gigguk whom I dislike and has an advantage of being with FUNimation) As you are familiar with copyright laws are strict. I would have to use domain free pics which are boring. Another issue was that many reviewers, even ones who don't monetize their videos, have them taken down due to a short clip. This is where my business instinct kicked in.

Many animes these days get their own video game spin off or are originally based off one. There are thousands of video game clips, and many of them are networked with different cites. This would mean gameplay or certain length cutscenes are fair game. I would use said clips in place of ones from the anime. The plan is to build an audience, and hopefully get a network to prevent any copyright claims against said clips. 

The other obstacle I had was making my reviews stand out. This is also another area where my business instinct clicked in! Google images and deviant art images copyrighted, so what if I made my own? The problem was that I can't draw for shit. So then I thought, "Why not pay someone to do it for me?" I track down aspiring artists for each each review, and have them draw little chibi characters in certain poses and expressions. This would keep the audience's attention much better compared to free domain pics. Also I'd be helping out a small time artist. I got the money to pay them, but in limited quantities. This is why I prefer chibi's. 

I'm not sure if you could provide anymore help, but I do want to help this cite. The only real way of help I can offer was my review venture, but if it won't be of any use, then I understand.

P.S. Here's a bit of input on making the site better. 

I originally discovered otaku elite because of the beautiful banner, but I have no idea if any of you drew it. Which is why I suggest you make the girl your mascot. If not her, then another original anime character. It reminded me how how Sony could of used Sackboy to be their mascot this generation, but completely missed the opportunity. 

Posted 4/25/2013
The girl used in the ads is a royalty free image sold on an image stock site for a fairly low cost. I plan to create an actual mascot in the future, but it's not something I'm actively seeking at this time. You can check around online and they have some decent ones on those sites. Since it's late my time I'll read this over tomorrow and see if I can give you any guidance. 

Perhaps you can contact a smaller company that is more open to reviews? Crunchyroll maybe a good start or as I mentioned before Media Blasters. Again you're only using short clips with the majority of film time being spent on yourself reviewing. Trailers are typically free to use in moderation. Just be careful of music. Unlike video the music is a lot harder to get around copyright issues due to the short duration of songs and that is it extremely rare to have justified reasons for using any soundtracks.

Little tip, the latest trend in technology is to use simple designs. Often times companies over complicate things only to end up learning that people like something easy to remember and relates to them. Quality not quantity.

Posted 4/25/2013
Also if you want you can throw in some old stock footage which is no longer protected under copyright. Just make a few cracks at it by dubbing over the voices. It's a common trick used in videos and just requires some video editing skills to get that old monty python feel to it. I'm sure there are some great black and white animations you can use for free.

Posted 4/25/2013
So wise! No wonder you're the webmaster! 

Posted 5/08/2013

I like the idea of a vlogger. It's different.

Posted 5/08/2013

I like the idea of a vlogger. It's different.
 I used to do some streaming events a while back during Starcraft 2 beta. It was pretty fun and I was a co-host with about 20-30 viewers every night. You just have to be prepared to sink a lot of time into it.

Posted 5/08/2013
I would probably like to be a host sometime later in life, for like a tv or web show, but right now I'm too shy for that stuff.

Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;