Posted 3/24/2013
So I was wondering who else are main contributors to this site besides "Ox_King","~WebMaster", and "WestNyorai"?

Posted 3/24/2013
There are a few others that come on the site every so often to contribute. Devilride submitted most of the character database so far. As well NeNe has been doing some behind the scenes work the last few days. I'm looking into getting a blogger for the site as well. I'll find out if she's still interested later this week.

Posted 3/24/2013
Cool thank you for the quick answer I was curious as to who helps develop the site!

Posted 3/24/2013
I am! Everything before you is countless hours of code. Nothing but a blank screen and text. Kinda fun once you get into it.

Posted 3/24/2013
Interesting must be one long script...
So I have seen WestNyorai get a lot of activity done what does he do?

Posted 3/24/2013
Since I'm new here I'm curious as to do you hold a contest to decide on certain things on this site? Oh and please answer the question above.

Posted 3/24/2013
I do everything ~Webmaster does.

Posted 3/24/2013
And there are typically no contest. As people make suggestions I look into it and see if it fits in with the site. Most of the time I work it into the site some how if it's reasonable.

Posted 5/12/2013
I was wondering is it hard to keep this site up? And how do you keep it? By keep it up I mean to the public as I'm sure it costs an arm and a leg.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 5/12/2013
Normally don't go into finances but the total cost of keeping the site up a year is...

Toggle Spoiler
Approx. 10.99 a year plus tax.

Posted 5/13/2013
That's not bad at all. 

Hope the tax isn't  bad though.
Is it hard to keep in check?

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 5/13/2013
The most expensive part of the site is advertising at the moment. But ad revenue helps offset this cost a little bit. 

When it comes to managing the site I tend to think in hours more than dollars since the only thing holding the site back (as far as development) is time. Which is why I can't wait until my vacation in July.

I'll have plenty of time to cool down from work and focus on the site.

Posted 5/23/2013
Less than filling up my car...sounds like a wonderful deal 

Posted 9/07/2013
I wanted to ask about the legal problems that occurred what were they trying to charge the site with? Copyright infringement? Also good thing Nyo has some legal knowledge to power his way through trouble.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 9/07/2013
The only issues with the site are related to the videos hosted from Crunchyroll. Because anime is often licensed to multiple companies there tends to be a lot of issues handling copyright. 

What ends up happening is a company will hire another company to search the web for videos and will often send DMCA requests. The requests are only sent to the search engine such as Google which informs the site owner that the links will be taken down from their searches unless they dispute it. After it's disputed they will determine if it is a legit request.

As far as the site goes everything is fine. If a direct DMCA request is sent you can simply counter it which gives them 14 days to respond. If they don't respond then you can keep the content. If they decide to take you to court they'll have to pay all of the legal fees. Most companies don't want to pay for the legal costs when dealing with a small site.

On the flip side, if a user submits copyrighted material to the site I simply have to remove it as requested. Which removing a forum post is really not a big deal.

The only thing that harms the site is when you deal with 3rd parties that provide content and the third party threatens to remove content. As with the ad service. Google does not give any content information so I'm having to go through the copyright holders to get Google to repeal their action. It's an extremely slow process and Google doesn't seem to cooperate. In the worst case I'll just move onto another advertising company. I just need to make sure their ads are appropriate, family friendly, and do not include any auto-playing audio. 

Posted 9/07/2013
If you lose contact with google will people who search things up on google not find this site anymore?

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 9/07/2013
If you lose contact with google will people who search things up on google not find this site anymore?

By... "TheAwsome"

You mean with DMCA? They only remove a single link. So it's not a big deal. lol As for hosting ads etc? Doesn't impact results. Still will be using them for advertising the site though. Unless I find something better.

Posted 11/26/2013
At this time I know you started OE as a personal mini project to express your learned skills. Now I must ask why did you decided to expend it into what is today or did it sort of grow on it's own?

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 11/26/2013
At this time I know you started OE as a personal mini project to express your learned skills. Now I must ask why did you decided to expend it into what is today or did it sort of grow on it's own?

By... "TheAwsome"

I always wanted to make the site bigger than what it is. Even now I'm very far from reaching that goal, but little by little I'm getting there.

Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;