Posted 8/01/2013
This forum is where people can talk purely about science. Whether it be physics, biology, or astronomy.

Posted by... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/31/2013
So what are your thoughts on test tube burgers?

Only 300k a pop. Yummy.

Posted 9/01/2013
So what are your thoughts on test tube burgers?

Only 300k a pop. Yummy.

Oh yes I reviewed that in school. I love the idea of using cow stem cells turning them into muscles cells. Not only is it more healthy it costs less energy and less usage of land. Plus cows love the idea.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 9/01/2013
We just have to determine if there are any potential health issues related to it. So far it all seems safe, but lab grown items can sometimes lead to a higher cancer risk. But considering how cows are fed far more chemicals I'd bet it's a lot safer.

Plus whenever we go to mars maybe they'll be able to hook up a beef machine in space. lol

Posted 9/01/2013
We just have to determine if there are any potential health issues related to it. So far it all seems safe, but lab grown items can sometimes lead to a higher cancer risk. But considering how cows are fed far more chemicals I'd bet it's a lot safer.

Plus whenever we go to mars maybe they'll be able to hook up a beef machine in space. lol
 Anything can cause cancer so that's not a worry. And yes chemicals are involved at this time. Plus they are natural cells nothing modified but the transition to stem-to-muscle. The only problem is that it lacks taste as there is no fat cells or other substances that are in natural cows.

"People eat the Burger but don't want to meet the cow."

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 9/01/2013

Anything can cause cancer so that's not a worry. And yes chemicals are involved at this time. Plus they are natural cells nothing modified but the transition to stem-to-muscle. The only problem is that it lacks taste as there is no fat cells or other substances that are in natural cows.

By... "TheAwsome"

So, what you are saying is that it tastes boring. =P Therefore the future of materialization of instant homemade food is still far away.

Posted 9/01/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

So, what you are saying is that it tastes boring. =P Therefore the future of materialization of instant homemade food is still far away.
 Well yes according to the news anyway. The people who tried it say it tastes good others say not so much. Some also say it is not as juicy. I want to try one to be sure but there not readily available.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 9/01/2013
Worst case you can just throw on some ketchup. We tend to put a ton of stuff on our meat anyway.

Posted 9/01/2013
Worst case you can just throw on some ketchup. We tend to put a ton of stuff on our meat anyway.

Well yeah the stuff we put on it gives it flavor. A normal burger from slaughter house all by itself taste well blan lacking.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 9/01/2013

Well yeah the stuff we put on it gives it flavor. A normal burger from slaughter house all by itself taste well blan lacking.

By... "TheAwsome"

But will it blend?
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;