Posted 8/28/2013
Have you ever read an manga that you love and would like to see it as an anime?

I started reading a manga maybe one or two years ago and never continued reading until recently, its called "Suicide Island".
It is similar to BTOOM!!! and the "Hunger Games" (there is another manga, but I can't remember the name) where it takes place on an island.
However, in this story the Japanese government can't afford to take care of failed suicide attempts so the patients sign a release form and are put on this island.
On the island, the people must fight against nature to survive, but naturally problems arise.
It is a good read with 70 chapters and wonderful characters with great stories themselves.
I think that this manga would be a great anime.

Posted 8/29/2013
The before last manga I read is Jiro Taniguchi's Zoo In Winter. It made me cry twice near the end. It's about this young guy, he starts out being 18 or 19, then it progresses until he's 20. He dreams of becoming an artist, and for some reason is forced to quit his current job. By chance, he gets a job in Tokyo to work for a famous manga artist, and discovers what it really means to work in the manga industry, all the while experiencing the night life with friends. It's really just a reflection of Mr.Taniguchi's life as a young adult, when he broke out into the manga industry. It's awesome, eventually we get to see his process creating his first manga. It has this very soft-like atmosphere/tone to it, can't really explain too well. It's great! I don't think there are many anime that are like this story. It's as if it doesn't fit the bill to get an anime adaptation. If it did, it would have to be a short. It could even be a movie with real people in it. It's also a few years old now. 

Posted 8/30/2013
That actually sounds really nice, I might try to read it in any free time I can get.
From your description, a movie adaptation in an anime art style or a non-animated film would be great. It kind of sounds like a Korean manga I read called "Magician" or something along those lines. Its a bit on the odd side of things where this sounds like a realistic portrayal of life.

Posted 8/30/2013
What's "Magician" about?

Posted 8/30/2013
Its about an old magician that people thought went crazy and lives in an abandoned carnival. One day this poor girl, who was living with her younger sister and taking care of her while attending school, went to the carnival and found the magician. He shows he a few magic tricks and she is amazed. After a while of visiting the magician after school, the magician decides to teach the girl how to do the tricks. The rest of the manga is about the magician's life with the girl and how she changed him. Its more focused on teaching the reader a life lesson (to my understanding anyway) than it is to entertain, but I think that just makes it more entertaining.

Posted 8/30/2013
A great manga that comes to mind is Psyren which  is about drifters that travel to another plane. Along their stay and return back to their original plane, they gain psychic abilities.  Most of the manga feels like an Action/Adventure manga but there were times when comedy romance was felt and placed inside between two characters. I didn't really like the ending to the manga it self. As I read more of it, I felt it could have been great anime and I could picture the scenes flowing from each chapter as to what it would look like. On a side note, it sort of reminded me of the hitman reborn future arc that the anime did.

Another interesting manga would be Worst. The story takes place in Suzuran Highschool about a young man name Hana Tsukishima and the men who follow him as he try to become the school boss. Most of the fight scenes in Worst were very well done. Although, I remember how interesting the characters were more than I did of the fight scenes. I would love to see this manga get turned into an anime but I know it won't because that is not the trend right now.

There is just one more manga that I thought would be a great manga. That is the manga Again!!; and plot is about the main character having an again where he travels back to his highschool fresshmen year and try to save the cheer club before its too late. I very much enjoyed the humor and possible romance in the story. Also, I have always enjoyed it when the character is clever and determine.

Posted 8/30/2013
Wow, "Magician" sounds really great. And "Psyren" is actually on my plan to read list, haha. =]
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;