Posted 3/22/2013
I decided to post this to hear peoples' opinion on it. If people use this post make sure to please respect other people's opinions but I imagine that won't be a problem as the community is friendly.

Posted 3/22/2013
I've always been a huge fan of all Asian music. Lately I've been getting really into Asian Kungfu Generation. There stuff is always awesome and they did a fantastic job with the stuff they did with Naruto. Another one I've always loved is TM Revolution. They did some great work with the Gundam Franchise. In fact most of the Gundam franchise does a stellar job with their choice of artist.

Though, my favorite music has always been a mix between traditional and modern music. Japan's strong ties to their cultural past and their openness to western ideals really makes them unique. I just fear they'll eventually become overly influenced by other cultures and start to loose touch with what makes them unique. So far it's been very promising.

Posted 3/22/2013
I see that is interesting well I'm relativity new to the music but I'm liking it any suggestion on bands or songs?

Posted 3/22/2013
I'm pretty dumb with music myself. 

Most of what I listen to comes from anime sound tracks. Maybe to list a few bands are Japan X, Ore Ska Band, The Pillows, Do As Infinity, Seatbelts, See-Saw, and a few others. Really do love TM Revolution the most. Though it's probably because it's good coding music.

Posted 3/22/2013

Can never go wrong with Do As Infinity or The Seatbelts...personal favs of mine are Utada Hikaru, Tsukiko Amano and Olivia! They're all well known for contributions to anime soundtracks (specifically openings/endings) 

Do you listen to any Korean groups?

Posted 3/22/2013
Oh and I almost forgot the genius mind of Yoko Kanno!

Posted 3/22/2013
Thank you for the suggestions I new to this but I really like it so far.

Posted 3/22/2013
@NeNe
Thanks for the suggestions and Toko Kanno... is amazing!

Posted 3/22/2013
yes she is! Glad you agree! 

Posted 3/24/2013
I don't listen to japanese music as much as I listen to Western music, but I always love anime openings & endings. I very much adore the entire Shippuden soudtrack, and a few other songs from different anime. The one band I do listen to though, thanks to Inuyasha, is Do As Infinity. 

Posted 4/21/2013
No one even mentions Faylan... 

-"Last Vision for Last"

-"Dead END"

-"Blood Teller"

Jut me? Ok...

Posted 7/31/2013
When it comes to music with actual lyrics, I find myself listening to more Japanese music than anything else. I still get the feeling, after watching an introduction with an epic introduction song, that overwhelms me to instantly like a certain show. Something just bad ass, or happy, or fun really goes a long way for me.

Jinn Kaidoku Funou is probably one of the best I have ever heard to match the intensity of the series, and still using a very modern almost radio type sound.

Posted 10/19/2013
Im pretty open when comes to music especially music ive never heard of really got into japanese anime music when I first heard maximum the hormone's whats up people being used in the second opening in death note never heard screamo done so over the top before and had to find who they were and after that found a lot of artists and groups that I really liked such as onmyouza, kuno shinji, younha, color bottle, and many others I like anime music because its different and original its something you really dont hear in american music nowadays but im always making comparisons with Japanese and western music just to hear what influenced each of these bands but overall I greatly appreciate japanese anme music and can see myself still listening to it in the future  

Posted 10/21/2013
I love Asian music (probably because I am watching Beck again...); every Asian language has a flow to it that creates a beauty that none can surpass. I adore Asian Kung-Fu Generation,  The Brilliant GreenBEAT CRUSADERS, Husking BeeEGOIST,  and whoever did the music for Vampire Knight.

Posted 10/25/2013
Most of it is from the anime that I have seen or watched. I love :
m.o.v.e- Blazin' Beat
Akeboshi- Wind
YUI- Rolling Star
Keno- Ohayou

Off Topic: I love Ai Otsuka's songs.

Posted 10/25/2013
m.o.v.e- Blazin' Beat
Akeboshi- Wind
YUI- Rolling Star
Keno- Ohayou

Ah, from the looks of it Keno-Ohayo did the original opening for HunterXHunter. Brings back a lot of memories. I'm always tempted to rewatch some of the original series.

Posted 10/25/2013
m.o.v.e- Blazin' Beat
Akeboshi- Wind
YUI- Rolling Star
Keno- Ohayou

Ah, from the looks of it Keno-Ohayo did the original opening for HunterXHunter. Brings back a lot of memories. I'm always tempted to rewatch some of the original series.
 Yah, brings back my childhood memories when I am always in a hurry after my afternoon class just to watch it. 

Posted 10/25/2013
It's a little bit of a downer now that the series moved to Tuesdays on Crunchyroll. Always gave me something to look forward on late Saturday nights. I remember always wanting to rush home from school to watch move episodes. Was probably one of the first few series I've seen. Right about the time I started really getting into anime hard core.

Posted 12/19/2013
Ever since I started watching anime,I started to like Japanese music,too.

Maybe because I always heard the OP and ED songs of  the anime's i watched. I don't quite remember the first J-song I first liked. 07-ghost OP and ED songs comes first to my mind though. :)
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;