ForumsMusicPlaylists
Page 1

Posted 8/09/2013
Make a short playlist, post it here. =]

This is my playlist of one of my favorite artists, Motohiro Hata. His sound is soooo amazing. 

Posted 8/09/2013

Posted 8/09/2013

Ahh, very soulful taste, Com-Chan. All the Motohiro songs have a splendid sound. Doesn't help that the guy can actually sing as well. Very soulful indeed.

And Do As Infinity is an absolute classic band. I still remember the song that originally got me into them was, 'Raven'. It was the ending song for the horror movie, 'Uzumaki'. Not really much of a recommendation for the movie, but definitely the song.

Fantastic playlists, Com-Chan. I'll upload some themed playlists as well when I get home tonight. I'm really excited to see what everyone posts.

http://youtu.be/cgCmFkPdufc

Posted 8/11/2013

Posted 8/12/2013
Wow, your taste in music is so grand! I actually have some Nujabes myself (herehere and here), and one tune from DJ Okawari. Are you aware that Nujabes passed away 3 years ago? I just found out. May he rest in peace. His art is amazing. 

Now I'm actually curious to see what you like outside of Japanese music. 

Posted 8/12/2013
Wow, your taste in music is so grand! I actually have some Nujabes myself (herehere and here), and one tune from DJ Okawari. Are you aware that Nujabes passed away 3 years ago? I just found out. May he rest in peace. His art is amazing. 

Now I'm actually curious to see what you like outside of Japanese music. 

I am aware. I have a friend in Japan, Hitomi, who introduced me to much of the Japanese music I listen to today. I was in Japan the November before he passed. So I received a pretty lengthy email from her about it. She's a mega hardcore music lover, and incredibly empathetic (As she is a Kindergarten teacher) so it was pretty rough for her. Nujabes was a really big icon in the underground rap community. Ah haha... Long story short, I agree. His art is amazing and yes, may he please continue to rest in peace. Seba Jun 74' - 2010.

BUT! I'll definitely post up a non-Japanese playlist, lol. I'm just busy listening to the, 'Never Ending Nujabes', which you posted up.

Posted 8/13/2013
Okay. If you post yours, I'll post mine. 

Posted 8/13/2013
All right, I just pulled the first 12 or 13 or so(Weird number I know) from my current playlist. I'll organize them by... Genre. The first few videos are just some of my favorites that I pulled off YouTube.

Some of my extra favorites

Kyle Landry - Sword Art Online | This rendition of the theme song to SOA is actually more powerful than the original, to me.
Kyle Landry - I can Go the Distance | This is a beautiful composition of the hit Disney song. PLEASE watch until at least 1:12.
Kyle Landry and Josh Chiu - Joe Hisaishi's Summer | Everything you expect. It's simple in comparison to the real one, but that makes it extra special. From 2:04 and on the song becomes overwhelming joy.

Oldies \ Classic Rock \ Soul
Rolling Stones - Rocks Off 
The Looking Glass - Brandy | Must listen to.
R.B. Greaves - Take a Letter Maria | Must listen to.
Toto - Africa

Modern
Bloc Party - Hunting for Witches
The Black Keys - Meet me in the City | Must listen to.
Anamanaguchi - Helix Nebula

Soul 
Mayer Hawthorne - Your Easy Lovin' Ain't Pleasin' Nothin' | Must listen to.
Aloe Blacc - Loving You is Killing Me

Rap
Specifics - Under the Hood
Funky DL - If I had a Day to Live
Brother Ali - Forest Whitaker
Emanon - For What You Live | Must listen to.

Anyways, that's it for now. Post yours, Com-Chan! We can go back and forth on this forever, haha.

Posted 8/13/2013
Trying Motohiro Hata atm.

Posted 8/13/2013
You guys have a good taste in music! As for well I listen to what sounds pleasing to my ears. Most of the music you guys posted sounds good.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/13/2013
I'm just randomly selecting music for when I'm coding. lol So far they have been all good picks.

Posted 8/13/2013
Woops. ClariS on my first playlist was the incorrect link. Fixed.

Posted 8/14/2013
I really like that playlist, Ape.

Um, there's honestly so many songs I wanted to post, especially from more than one from an artist. It was hard to pick. So... I decided to organize them in a sort of strange way, lol. I gave myself a limit of 3 for the artists I wanted more than one song to be posted. But I cheated for some.

Soul/R&B
Amy Winehouse[1 2 3 4] I listen to her extensively, lol
Rox[1 2 3]
Sade[1 2 3] You HAVE to give her a listen if you haven't already. She's a goddess.
Solange-T.O.N.Y
Robin Thicke-Lost Without You
Maxwell[1 2 3]
Temptations[1 2]
Aretha Franklin-Say A Little Prayer For You
Justin Nozuka[1 2 3] If you like him then here's 4 and 5. =p One of my all time fave artists. He's from Toronto as well. =]

Indie Rock/alternative
Bedouin Soundclash[1 2 3]
Jay Malinowski[1 2]
The XX[1 2]
David Usher[1 2 3]
Coeur De Pirate[1 2 3]
Phoenix[1 2]
City and Colour[1 2]
IllScarlett[1 2 3] Amazing ska rock band.
No Doubt[1 2 3] My all time favorite band since childhood. Amazing ska rock band!
Moby ft. Gwen Stefani-Southside
Maroon 5-Sunday Morning
Maisey Rika-Game Of Life -Please listen :]
Walk Off The Earth-Red Hands
Sonnymoon-Houstatlantavegas - Drake cover. MUST LISTEN.

Rap
DUMBFOUNDDEAD-New Chick 
Mobb Deep-Shook Ones pt.2
Wale[1 2]
CJ Trillo[1 2 3 4] Favorite rapper. L.A. local.
A Tribe Called Quest-Electric Relaxation
Madcon-Beggin'
Andree 3000-I Do
Common-Faithful
Digable Planets[1 2]

Sorry this list is so long. 

You may notice that the second song for Bedouin Soundclash and the first song for Jay Malinowski are the same, but sound different. Jay released a solo album, and re-did the song. I just wanted to post it because I love the original version better, but he still did great on the remake. I'm just extra like that.

Posted 8/15/2013

Huu. You have a huge mix of music in yours, Com-Chan.

I can't believe you have, 'If I Ever Feel Better', on your list. I've loved that song for so long, but no one seems to have regularly heard of it. I remember losing my $&#^ when I found out their guitarist, Laurent Brancowitz, was previously in a band with Daft Punk. Very old, very promo style music. But I love the rawness of it. Unedited, grungy, but you can totally see how they would've experimented with rhythms. That's the entire song, rhythm. And by that song I mean...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xszp25_33-darlin-untitled-daft-punk_music

This list is diverse beyond all belief. Now I feel I want to show off more songs, haha. I'll post up another playlist soon.

You got me all excited, lol. 

Posted 8/15/2013
You remember losing your what, sorry? It is very raw and grungy. And different from what I know of Daft Punk's sound, and Phoenix's sound as well.

I'm excited to listen to your next playlist.

Posted 8/16/2013
I find myself listening to two varieties of music either calming music or music that falls under the definition of epic. Here are some calm songs I listen to...

World's Most Emotional Music Ever: Into A Dream
Most Heartful OSTs Ever: Jane's Lament
Most Heartful OSTs Ever: Goodbye For Now
Most Heartful OSTs Ever: Porcelain Heart
Most Emotional OSTs Ever: Inside
Most Heartful OSTs Ever: Farewell
Most Heartful OSTs Ever Day and Night
Most Heartful Anime OST Lugia's Song

I hope you get as much as I did from these songs.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/19/2013
I find myself listening to two varieties of music either calming music or music that falls under the definition of epic. Here are some calm songs I listen to...

World's Most Emotional Music Ever: Into A Dream
Most Heartful OSTs Ever: Jane's Lament
Most Heartful OSTs Ever: Goodbye For Now
Most Heartful OSTs Ever: Porcelain Heart
Most Emotional OSTs Ever: Inside
Most Heartful OSTs Ever: Farewell
Most Heartful OSTs Ever Day and Night
Most Heartful Anime OST Lugia's Song

I hope you get as much as I did from these songs.

By... "TheAwsome"

Always very epic, Awsome. Great list. Going through them as I type this.

Posted 8/23/2013
I really like all those songs, Awsome. You picked some great ones to share with us!

I listened to them whilst working earlier.

So, earlier this week I went to this ramen restaurant. It was my first time eating ramen (finally!), and suddenly they played AZU-For You, one of Shippuden's EDs that I absolutely love!! I couldn't enjoy it though because I got caught up talking to someone I had met there, and it was over before I knew it. 

Anyway, For You, and some other of Shippuden's most memorable and amazing songs can be found here: [CLICKMEIMBEAUTIFUL]

Posted 10/27/2013
^ Tehe =]

I'm currently listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers Greatest Hits album. Amazing!

Posted 10/29/2013
^ Tehe =]

I'm currently listening to Red Hot Chili Peppers Greatest Hits album. Amazing!
 Thats a great album and a great band good choice

Posted 10/29/2013
It's surprising how timeless certain bands are. Just proves that the music industry isn't as corrupt as people think. In the long run the best artists will always come out ahead.
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;