Posted 4/26/2014

I wanted to take time to explain my absence from the site over the last few months. Since the beginning of December last year I’ve been making a lot of changes to my life in order to pursue something I’ve never thought I’d have the courage to do in my life. I have been unable to talk about it publicly due to issues at work and fear of people finding out before I was ready. Now that everyone knows I can finally share this news with you all today.

For the last 5 months I have been working to transition my sex from male to female. Ever since I was a child I've always wanted to be female and never felt comfortable living as a male. It’s been very difficult for me and as a result of the hardships and struggles I've faced internally as I fought to gain the courage to accept and be myself.

I never could have made it without this website and my friends. OtakuElite was a project that helped me find comfort in myself and is still a dream of mine to be able to work on full time. However, at this time I've been finally able to begin to discover who I really am. To become the type of person I've always wanted to.

While I want to return to working on the site again at this time it is very difficult for me. I will continue to work toward doing smaller updates and fixing up the site where needed. But the site is no longer a project I need to distract myself from reality. I love OtakuElite. I will continue to make it stronger and better than ever before. But for now I am asking time to discover who I am.

I’m hoping to have an update in the near future. I will only be working on features which users really want. My focus on future updates will be on fixing up the anime database and social features such as blogs and profiles.

I love everyone who has devoted time to the site and I want you to continue to use the site as always. I’m still checking back constantly and wanting to add more. But for now, I just need time to be myself as for the first time in my life I really am understanding just how great life is and how much I love myself and everyone who has been there for me. You all mean the world to me.

If anyone is interested in helping with coding for the site be sure to let me know. I’m always looking for help.

<3 Livvie

Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;