Posted 12/05/2013
Well played around with the game for a tiny bit. Managed to get a dedicated server up as well under otakuelite.com. (Just type in the domain name and it'll work) You're free to join, but beware! Your progress will not be saved. So if there are any items you want to keep when exploring on the server be sure to keep it in your inventory or ship. All items on your ship and character are saved locally on your computer.

While I'll be up for exploring the game a little, I don't plan to play it a lot until a stable version is out and there won't be any character or world resets. Until then have fun testing out the new game. I'll try to keep the server running but may need to shut it off if it becomes a resource hog. Other server resources come first.

Posted 12/24/2013
I'm going to assume that the starbound server is no longer up due to your latest tweet about it.

Posted 12/24/2013
Time for shameless advertising....

Join the group "Starbound Cadets" for the coldness of Space is unforgiving but we are not so take a seat as we Travel through the universe.

Shameless advertising off.....

Anyways I find Starbound to be very interesting to play right now there is plenty to do. Sadly the newest update caused a lot of bugs I now have trouble farming. Anyways can't wait for the server to be active again!

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 12/24/2013
I'm going to assume that the starbound server is no longer up due to your latest tweet about it.
 *Gasp* I have yet to invite you!

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 12/24/2013
Yea, I may look into again soon. Just haven't had the time to play with it yet. Going to try to do some research into it when I get the chance and see if it's anyway better with the new updates. For now the servers run off the same assets as the game. So there's a ton of overhead causing a pretty high memory and CPU demand. Along with memory leaks.

Posted 12/24/2013
Yea, I may look into again soon. Just haven't had the time to play with it yet. Going to try to do some research into it when I get the chance and see if it's anyway better with the new updates. For now the servers run off the same assets as the game. So there's a ton of overhead causing a pretty high memory and CPU demand. Along with memory leaks.
Ah, so it had the same problems as minecraft for a while. Although I think minecraft was mostly a memory leak. Did the starbound server used by the same hosting company for the website? or through another company?

Time for shameless advertising....

Join the group "Starbound Cadets" for the coldness of Space is unforgiving but we are not so take a seat as we Travel through the universe.

Shameless advertising off.....

Anyways I find Starbound to be very interesting to play right now there is plenty to do. Sadly the newest update caused a lot of bugs I now have trouble farming. Anyways can't wait for the server to be active again!

By... "TheAwsome"

I didn't realize you made a group on the site for it. Lol. Bugs are also the reason why I'm not sure if I really want to invest my time in starbound right now.
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;