Posted 7/31/2013
So far there has been zero confirmation if there will be a third season. Is anyone interested in seeing a third season? With how S2 wrapped up I'd say there isn't an actual need for an S3 in an anime adaptation, but someone might differ entirely.

In the light novels there are actually 4 worlds that are visited. SAO and ALO are accompanied by Gun Gale Online and Underworld. I'm currently reading the Underworld saga, and it is really freakin' good. GGO saga was also excellent, but it didn't really tie into the SAO or ALO arcs for the majority of the story. But with the popular reception of SAO, I'm sure animators will be asking themselves if they should green light S3.

Any thoughts?

Posted 7/31/2013
Well I can't say I have yet to see the first season. I hear a lot of people saying it is bad but that is just because it didn't meet some people's exceptions for it. From what I can tell I will be enjoying when I get to it that is. This is due to the fact that it is sci-fi and has romance. But it will come down to how it is conducted.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/31/2013
Well I can't say I have yet to see the first season. I hear a lot of people saying it is bad but that is just because it didn't meet some people's exceptions for it. From what I can tell I will be enjoying when I get to it that is. This is due to the fact that it is sci-fi and has romance. But it will come down to how it is conducted.

By... "TheAwsome"

I can understand how some would think it was disappoint. But people who had high expectations of it might be comparing it to the light novel, which is amazing. The show itself I would definitely recommend. It is sci fi, but because of the world setting I would categorize it as more fantasy than anything. The romance is heavy, but I'm a sucker for that stuff so I fell in love with it. Oh ho, romance x romance.

I would recommend it if you're interested in fantasy, romance and adventure. Oh and if you're a fan of MMO's. They really hit some big points with how the MMO community is. Very on point.

Posted 7/31/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

I can understand how some would think it was disappoint. But people who had high expectations of it might be comparing it to the light novel, which is amazing. The show itself I would definitely recommend. It is sci fi, but because of the world setting I would categorize it as more fantasy than anything. The romance is heavy, but I'm a sucker for that stuff so I fell in love with it. Oh ho, romance x romance.

I would recommend it if you're interested in fantasy, romance and adventure. Oh and if you're a fan of MMO's. They really hit some big points with how the MMO community is. Very on point.
 Yes I also love romance not that silly Highschool DxD stuff real romance with substance like Rec., Toradora, and Clannad. And yes I will be seeing the Anime when time opens up and I'm done with my present Anime. Would you say the Anime teaches you life lessons?

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/31/2013
Yes I also love romance not that silly Highschool DxD stuff real romance with substance like Rec., Toradora, and Clannad. And yes I will be seeing the Anime when time opens up and I'm done with my present Anime. Would you say the Anime teaches you life lessons?

By... "TheAwsome"

You'll definitely get a more founded relationship in the books, but the anime does it well. You start caring heavily for the main characters. And even if you like another coupling more, you'll still find yourself cheering for the main couple to the end.

As for life lessons, it teaches you nothing that you likely haven't already experienced in movies, TV, anime or other books. There's not much new that can be learned. Though it does expand upon the morals that.... As long as you put effort into it, you can get out equal good. Because nothing worth having comes easy. So even when it's stacked against you, life really isn't that bad.

Posted 8/05/2013
The fact it got such huge pop during its original run and free publicity in shows like season 2 of Ore no Imouto, it's practically confirmed. I honestly prefer Accel World which is sort of a sequel since they take place I'm the same world. As pathetic as the protagonist acted, at least he wasn't bland as Kirito. Just my opinion, but I'm still excited for another season!

Posted 8/06/2013
That's a good point. SOA was well received since it came out. I strongly believe a continuation is eventually going to come out. Maybe even as soon as 2014. 

Does Accel World take place in the same Universe? Like an earlier date or later date in the time line? Or the same world, but alternate universe type scenario?

And I agree. Kirito was bland, but he was motivated so I enjoyed watching him. I got more engrossed in the world of the games and the people he met along the way.

Posted 8/06/2013
That's a good point. SOA was well received since it came out. I strongly believe a continuation is eventually going to come out. Maybe even as soon as 2014. 

Does Accel World take place in the same Universe? Like an earlier date or later date in the time line? Or the same world, but alternate universe type scenario?

And I agree. Kirito was bland, but he was motivated so I enjoyed watching him. I got more engrossed in the world of the games and the people he met along the way.
 There was a reference to the head gear that was used in SAO. It takes place around 20 years after the incident, and the technology since then has advanced greatly. The game "Accel World," could have been made by the same person behind the whole SAO incident. There was also a cross over chapter where the protagonist Haru, fought against Kirito. Also worth mentioning that the heroine Kuroyukihime, could be the child of Kirito and Asuna. That part is just speculation because her real name is,never revealed. 
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;