Posted 4/13/2013
Did some research. I'm pretty limited on what I can do without having to pay for an email marketing services. I can probably get away with doing 100 a day. Would end up taking a month or so to email everyone on the list if I do. It's possible, plus it would be easier to maintain spreading it out. And of course free. I may play with it this weekend, but also want to focus on profiles this weekend.

On the same note, email notifications will be out of the question. Web host restrictions are too strict to allow for this service due to the strict spam protection most web hosts have. Larger accounts are possible, but it gets very pricey.

Posted 4/14/2013
Did some research. I'm pretty limited on what I can do without having to pay for an email marketing services. I can probably get away with doing 100 a day. Would end up taking a month or so to email everyone on the list if I do. It's possible, plus it would be easier to maintain spreading it out. And of course free. I may play with it this weekend, but also want to focus on profiles this weekend.

On the same note, email notifications will be out of the question. Web host restrictions are too strict to allow for this service due to the strict spam protection most web hosts have. Larger accounts are possible, but it gets very pricey.
 Sounds good.
-forum games section.
Please.

Posted 4/14/2013
There is a video game section. Unless you're looking for something else? Could rename it to gaming instead of video games.

Posted 4/15/2013
In order to improve the site I think anytime someone posts an Anime they finished or are just checking it off as complete they should comment on their experience. By doing this people who are unsure of whether or not to watch an Anime can refer to the comments.
Of course we can't force this but it is an idea.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 4/15/2013
Yea, not really one I plan on enforcing. There are actually a ton of comments already on entries. Often time new users will update their lists and than comment. You just never see it.

Posted 4/15/2013
I will be sure to comment on some.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 4/15/2013
Just wanted to throw this out there. Perhaps in the "My Profile" page you can ad the option where you can place your favorite things like below:

Favorite Anime: Blah Blah Blah Blah

Favorite Genre: Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Favorite Manga: Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 4/15/2013
I'm going to be integrating anime lists into profiles in an upcoming update that should be coming out fairly soon. A top 10 feature is something I've been toying with but haven't decided on yet. 

I have some neat ideas for favorite genre in a future update.

I'm actually planning on some really advanced features based on user ratings. Though I'm not going to be doing this until I get more user data. I wouldn't expect any features dealing with manga until I add the manga database in which I'm holding off on until the anime and character database are more completed.

Posted 4/15/2013
I'm going to be integrating anime lists into profiles in an upcoming update that should be coming out fairly soon. A top 10 feature is something I've been toying with but haven't decided on yet. 

I have some neat ideas for favorite genre in a future update.

I'm actually planning on some really advanced features based on user ratings. Though I'm not going to be doing this until I get more user data. I wouldn't expect any AWSOME features dealing with manga until I add the manga database in which I'm holding off on until the anime and character database are more completed.
 When your making the Manga Database be sure to count me in!

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 4/18/2013
There is a video game section. Unless you're looking for something else? Could rename it to gaming instead of video games.
 Yeah, I mean "forum games" as in would you rather..., give something to the person above you, the ^v> game. typical forum games like that.

Posted 4/18/2013
Ah, I could do that. I'll think about adding it somewhere. Could call it "word games, etc." I just want to be careful to not turn this site into Gaiaonline too much. lol

Posted 4/18/2013
lol!

Posted 4/18/2013
Oh since the newsletter is bound to get some users back can we have a contest for a mascot? Because that would be Awsome! I hope we can do it soon.

Sincerely wondering... "TheAwsome"

Posted 4/18/2013
I think it's still way too early for that. I just went ahead and sent 500 more out right now since out email limits seem to be looking good. I also fixed an issue with the privacy settings. :( You'll have to reset your list settings FYI.

Luckily I caught the error before it went on too long unnoticed.

Posted 4/18/2013
My heart just broke because I have just read the synopsis for Attack on Titan and there is the BIGGEST spoiler EVER. I can't edit the entry. Whoever posted this please please please review it.

Posted 4/19/2013
Changed it without looking at it. Glanced a bit and almost got spoiled, but think I saved myself.

Posted 4/19/2013
Just a reminder as always to not copy anything from wiki or other sites which don't focus on avoiding spoilers.

Posted 4/19/2013
"User Activity Score (Canceled, unless highly requested. Moving toward user roles instead.)"

What is this? How does it work?

Posted 4/19/2013
I am also curious as to what that is.
"User Activity Score (Canceled, unless highly requested. Moving toward user roles instead.)"

What is this? How does it work?
 Also Complex make sure to only post questions in the "Help Forums". We don't want this area getting clogged.

By... "The Awsome"

Posted 4/19/2013
Perhaps with the new updates you can include the ability to favorite things. Such as Anime on our lists, users, and Blogs. Perhaps we can add a page to our profile that lists our favorite characters. Oh and maybe you can add a beta update were we can comment on each others profiles.

By... "The Awsome"

Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;