Posted 4/17/2013
Hey everyone! So I am a HUGE fan of foods of all types, sizes, and flavors! I love trying new things from multiple cultures but I definitely have some favorites that I go back to time and time again as well! So for all of you food lovers out there (and even some of you who eat just so you won't die *cough*WestNyorai*cough*) let me know what your favorite Japanese dish or snack is!

Do you prefer savory foods? Sweet foods? Are you like me and can't stand bitter things? I'd love to hear about it!

My personal favorites as far as savory dishes go are: takoyaki and yakisoba
Favorite sushi rolls: Boston, tempura, and a roll that a local sushi place makes with tako and jalapeno (mmm so good!)
Favorite sweet snacks: pan, milk pocky, and daifuku

Posted 4/17/2013
I for one love any food that comes out of the sea. My favorite being sushi and shrimp. Have you guys tried baed sushi it's great but unhealthy so I eat it raw which is also Awsome!

You got me hungry... "TheAwsome"

Posted 4/18/2013
Baed sushi? 

I don't like to eat raw foods because of health risks in this day and age 

Posted 4/18/2013
Opps baked sushi!

misspelled by... "TheAwsome"

Posted 4/18/2013
Oh! Hahahaha I thought it was something new I had yet to try 

Posted 4/18/2013
All of the different meat buns and other lunch breads. Those things are just insane.

Posted 4/18/2013
Uh... Sakuraniku. Just to get a reaction from NeNe.

Posted 4/18/2013
Figured you'd be the first to respond to my email. :p

Posted 4/18/2013
Oh what's this...he lives! 

Posted 4/18/2013
Lol I actually haven't had many variations of pan...gotta try some more >>

Posted 4/18/2013
NeNe, you like takoyaki, really!? I haven't met anyone who likes it as much as me, or even knows about it. I love it, it's one of my favourite dishes ever. Close to my love for takoyaki is satsuma age. I also like yakionigiri. As for sushi, I prefer the raw stuff like all nigiri rolls, eel roll, and I also like inari.

Posted 4/18/2013
Yup! I do! The flavors are oh so good 

I've been tempted on numerous occasions to get a takoyaki maker XP
Honestly I tend to like everything involving tako haha
I've never had satsuma age or yakionigiri...what's are they like?

I like eel rolls too but the ones I've had weren't raw. Opinions about raw foods are the one area where my culture and Japanese culture REALLY don't mesh well. 

Posted 4/18/2013

I've never had satsuma age or yakionigiri...what's are they like?
 Good for snacking or as appetizers. They both have really awesome tastes. 

Posted 4/18/2013
I wish I could try some real Japanese food but alas there is nothing but sushi wear I live. *sigh*

By... "TheAwsome"

P.S. I always wanted to try a bento!

Posted 4/19/2013
Lol I've been typin like crap all day XD
Ignore my grammatical hiccups there >>

complex: I'll check if any of the places I go to sells yakionigiri...sounds interesting! 

Awsome: Yea I hate when places only sell sushi and like standard teriyaki dishes when I want so much more! 

Posted 4/21/2013
You know that triangle rice cake anime characters always eat? Yeah, that's onigiri. Yakionigiri is when they fry it with sauce. It's delicious, and in my opinion better. Both have fillings in the middle. I only had the opportunity to eat tuna fillings.

Posted 5/28/2013
Over my extended weekend I tried some curry "Red Curry" to be exact it was awsome.

I really liked the spicy flavor and mixture of chunky ingredients.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 6/09/2013
complex: I think I found a place that sells yakionigiri...but getting to it will be the pain XP

Awsome: nice! Curry is always tasty deliciousness 

Posted 6/23/2013
Hey guys guess what! I had some melon pan last night....oohhh so tasty!!!

And I FINALLY tried okonomiyaki! It's sinfully good! ^^

Posted 6/23/2013
Hey guys guess what! I had some melon pan last night....oohhh so tasty!!!

And I FINALLY tried okonomiyaki! It's sinfully good! ^^
 For some reason I don't like melon to watery if that makes sense. 

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 6/23/2013
I LOVE melon. It's one of my favorite fruits. Never had melon pan though. Never knew what it was until a few seconds ago, when I searched it on Google.

I like Chinese buns. There's a really good place downtown in Chinatown where they sell them for cheap. There's also a place near my own region, right beside one of the libraries I like going to. They also sell them for cheap there. Soooo good. I love to buy them every time I visit that library. 
Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;