Posted 7/30/2013
What it could possibly do is create a sort of physical shell out of what surrounds the beta tester. If the helmet could somehow manipulate air to... Burn or boost in PSI in order to make a concentrated blast. Burning could also be used to meld sand into glass as well as nickel, aluminium and iron which is found in most city dust into a cockpit of some sort. Maybe it can become more of a suit that is created only of its surrounding. The air could also hold the pieces in place by manipulating gravity. And by manipulating gravity I mean manipulating the movement or current of air in order to lift things. So it wouldn't be surprising to see the guy wear a suit out of bad ass metal one day and ply wood the next. As well as forming different shapes with it.

The manipulation of air could be also affected by the helmet only being able to move or control one large element. Uh. Nitrogen. Oxygen is like.. 70% nitrogen. If you could control a piece that essential to air, then it's possible that you'd be able to control an oxygen molecule entirely. Eh? Maybe? ... Maybe?

Maybe?

Posted 7/30/2013
What it could possibly do is create a sort of physical shell out of what surrounds the beta tester. If the helmet could somehow manipulate air to... Burn or boost in PSI in order to make a concentrated blast. Burning could also be used to meld sand into glass as well as nickel, aluminium and iron which is found in most city dust into a cockpit of some sort. Maybe it can become more of a suit that is created only of its surrounding. The air could also hold the pieces in place by manipulating gravity. And by manipulating gravity I mean manipulating the movement or current of air in order to lift things. So it wouldn't be surprising to see the guy wear a suit out of bad ass metal one day and ply wood the next. As well as forming different shapes with it.

The manipulation of air could be also affected by the helmet only being able to move or control one large element. Uh. Nitrogen. Oxygen is like.. 70% nitrogen. If you could control a piece that essential to air, then it's possible that you'd be able to control an oxygen molecule entirely. Eh? Maybe? ... Maybe?

Maybe?
 Hmm interesting. I will be drawing up notes later. Perhaps a use of nanobots and a quad-alchemic blender. The helmet has compartments that use "Cold Fusion" to create certain elements from material brought by nanobots emitted from the helmet. The second set of nanobots then move and build the armor around the person with the helmet. Not only will this make base armor the nanobots will double as wiring. As the technology advances the helmet would create super armor that holds it's weight (Note: Light-Heavy Armor is in the making today )

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/30/2013
Excellent idea. That also leaves much room for character growth. Maturity and experience would change all possibilitiagain what could be made. The nano it's will collect any and everything they can but the creation is ultimately the testers choice. At first the nano bots might make simple weapons such as swords, but as the user gains experience he would work more with creating metals with forged steel properties, and eventually intricate parts which could become... Internals in fire arms. The nano bots might also have properties which would ignite air or move water or manipulate objects. Adding a huge amount of science to back the use of magic properties. At first a pilot might just try to use fire to defend himself or to hurt an opposition. Eventually Bruce nano bots learn how the tester thinks through he twice usage, and can... Become the it tier for a bullet or something. It would eventually cause the tester to become quirks overpowers though. 

Also excuse the typing. On my phone now. 

Posted 7/30/2013
Who the heck is Bruce nano bots!?!?

Posted 7/30/2013
Who the heck is Bruce nano bots!?!?
 I don't know a character? Anyways the only problem with the design is it's imperfection the "user". As the user gains more general control the power may get to there head or they become dependent. Also organic fusion is a problem since one user went rouge when the system attached to his nervous system. Also another problem is gained programming. If the robot learns and gains certain programming it may cause problems as it would see anything as danger as an example of course.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/30/2013
True. It would be like training a pet in a sense. Beta testers would have no idea The depth that it would go. I imagine something as advanced as this would have to be networked at all times though. The hardware would be insanely expensive. Not to mention the software. The algorithms would be overwritten and constantly. And unless the helmet had AI it wouldn't be possible for it to truly adapt to all situations Nd experiences. I guess you could implement an "operator" feature. Someone who watches the beta testers. That could also lead into a simple or complex antagonist. Be it the company producing which needs be taken down. Or a rogue user which the company enlists other testers to take down. 

Also what would become of the nano machines? Can nano machines regenerate? Procreate? Ware they made of silicon or other materials which can be excavated? Surely many of them would be destroyed over time

Posted 7/30/2013
True. It would be like training a pet in a sense. Beta testers would have no idea The depth that it would go. I imagine something as advanced as this would have to be networked at all times though. The hardware would be insanely expensive. Not to mention the software. The algorithms would be overwritten and constantly. And unless the helmet had AI it wouldn't be possible for it to truly adapt to all situations Nd experiences. I guess you could implement an "operator" feature. Someone who watches the beta testers. That could also lead into a simple or complex antagonist. Be it the company producing which needs be taken down. Or a rogue user which the company enlists other testers to take down. 

Also what would become of the nano machines? Can nano machines regenerate? Procreate? Ware they made of silicon or other materials which can be excavated? Surely many of them would be destroyed over time
 Nano bots are fragile by nature but they can quickly make more of themselves through surrounding materials. It would be dangerous if it had an A.I. as one hole in it's programming or directive will cause problems. The armor is self controlled for the most part by the user other then built in programming. Here are some problems that will be interesting...

- Golem Stasis- When the nanobots act on their programming non-stop causing the armor to grow into a glob of immobile metal. 
- Self Programming- If the helmet builds it's own programming it is building out it's goals which are based on the users.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/30/2013

Nano bots are fragile by nature but they can quickly make more of themselves through surrounding materials. It would be dangerous if it had an A.I. as one hole in it's programming or directive will cause problems. The armor is self controlled for the most part by the user other then built in programming. Here are some problems that will be interesting...

- Golem Stasis- When the nanobots act on their programming non-stop causing the armor to grow into a glob of immobile metal. 
- Self Programming- If the helmet builds it's own programming it is building out it's goals which are based on the users.

By... "TheAwsome"

I agree. I actually dislike the idea of using an AI. It's far beyond our current capabilities to the extent that I can't honestly fathom it being used in something that could do what this suit does. I cannot concede with the thought that an AI would be as developed as the suit, or the suit would be developed enough for the AI. Trusting something so powerful into the hands of a program seems like an immature mistake which is shown in so many hollywood films.

But to add on your other point... For a developer, half the fun is working out the kinks. Though these kinks might actually kill people, eh heh heh. Then again what must be done must be done. An invention such as this would be a tremendous in all aspects of human life. Space travel, mining, construction, surgical and military usage.

Further more there could be even more problems that the system could run into.

-What if a unit glitched and would not stop creating a certain object, or recreating nano bots. At a certain point even the smallest unit of measurement can gain a substantial mass.

-What if the system was hacked remote?

Not to mention the problems with the Beta testers themselves. How would they be selected? I imagine there would be a vigorous application along with high goal oriented prerequisites before even being allowed to know what the tested subject is. Would they be military? Private contractors? Civilians? Politicians? All of the above? There would also be spy agents from other companies. Almost reminiscent of how pharmaceuticals work, it would be years before human testing is approved. And even more before human trials begin.

Posted 7/30/2013

By... "TheAwsome"

I agree. I actually dislike the idea of using an AI. It's far beyond our current capabilities to the extent that I can't honestly fathom it being used in something that could do what this suit does. I cannot concede with the thought that an AI would be as developed as the suit, or the suit would be developed enough for the AI. Trusting something so powerful into the hands of a program seems like an immature mistake which is shown in so many hollywood films.

But to add on your other point... For a developer, half the fun is working out the kinks. Though these kinks might actually kill people, eh heh heh. Then again what must be done must be done. An invention such as this would be a tremendous in all aspects of human life. Space travel, mining, construction, surgical and military usage.

Further more there could be even more problems that the system could run into.

-What if a unit glitched and would not stop creating a certain object, or recreating nano bots. At a certain point even the smallest unit of measurement can gain a substantial mass.

-What if the system was hacked remote?

Not to mention the problems with the Beta testers themselves. How would they be selected? I imagine there would be a vigorous application along with high goal oriented prerequisites before even being allowed to know what the tested subject is. Would they be military? Private contractors? Civilians? Politicians? All of the above? There would also be spy agents from other companies. Almost reminiscent of how pharmaceuticals work, it would be years before human testing is approved. And even more before human trials begin.
 The project could be done in secret. As for spies it is to be expected even when the nuclear bomb was being made it had spies. I was thinking as for subjects they would want to use slightly modified humans. These humans are made to void of emotions and act like drones. This would be done later in the experiment as normal humans are used at first. Perhaps after a war where we are forced to use these new mechas they fuse into society as some people are taught to use them.

This technology can take many turns as it's design causes new technology to form which is why the military keeps it hidden. There are many things we can do with this idea and we must think of it's impact.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/30/2013
Hmm. So they're basically be more so hosts than humans. Trained or, in one way or another, programmed. When you add that factor in it becomes an almost demented experiment. it would be fun to craft the creators

Side note. It would take quite a powerful processor to handle that many actions per second though. Could use the current technology with Intel's Haswell sytem and just expand upon it. Or use the outdated technology, though more preferred by all super computers, of the AMD Opteron processors. I imagine that the unit would be very, very heated as well. Could the nano machines multi task? As in directing air into the unit to cool it off?

On top of that, a sort of built in HUD should be implemented. In theory the idea of just 'sensing' what the nano machines are doing is practical but it also sounds like by not having a visual aid, as you said, you would easily lose your sanity. Specially when it comes to a mass production version. So that would imply some sort of graphics engine as well. I'm not sure how big I am on cybernetic implants. That almost makes it more of a machine which is testing the application. So the point of having human pilots almost seem irrelevant. Cause, if you're ognna have a few cybernetic implants, why not go all out on a subject to physically stress the system? And the user? So maybe a visor or shield over the face would work.

Any thoughts on that?

Posted 7/30/2013
Hmm. So they're basically be more so hosts than humans. Trained or, in one way or another, programmed. When you add that factor in it becomes an almost demented experiment. it would be fun to craft the creators

Side note. It would take quite a powerful processor to handle that many actions per second though. Could use the current technology with Intel's Haswell sytem and just expand upon it. Or use the outdated technology, though more preferred by all super computers, of the AMD Opteron processors. I imagine that the unit would be very, very heated as well. Could the nano machines multi task? As in directing air into the unit to cool it off?

On top of that, a sort of built in HUD should be implemented. In theory the idea of just 'sensing' what the nano machines are doing is practical but it also sounds like by not having a visual aid, as you said, you would easily lose your sanity. Specially when it comes to a mass production version. So that would imply some sort of graphics engine as well. I'm not sure how big I am on cybernetic implants. That almost makes it more of a machine which is testing the application. So the point of having human pilots almost seem irrelevant. Cause, if you're ognna have a few cybernetic implants, why not go all out on a subject to physically stress the system? And the user? So maybe a visor or shield over the face would work.

Any thoughts on that?
 For computer purposes I think an advanced quantum chip would work well. The possibilities with nanobots are amazing. First is energy I think solar skin would be good since it can provide more then enough energy for nanobots. I'd imagine there would be several strains of these nano-bots that all serve their own purpose. One important nano-bot is the regulator it does not reproduce and checks other nanobots for abnormalities lowering the chance of hacking and Golem Mutation.

As for visual it is simple a mini feed camera. It will have multiple of these that provide a 360 radius vision. I'm sure the users will be taught how to get the nano bots to do this. The screen connecting the cameras should be a shield over the face. I need you to look up "Cold Fusion". It is a reaction that makes a ton of energy and dangerous heat. The purpose to make metal elements.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 7/31/2013

All I remember about cold fusion is that it's basically a theory as of now. The idea of creating energy with low or zero temperature increase. Which currently in our time hasn't been achieved for like a hundred years. As far as the theory of it, all I remember is it is suppose to work in the same was as nuclear fusion. But that creates a ton of head.

But my knowledge of it is really thin. It is not something I took in school, nor are advanced physics or mathematics. 

But are you saying the helmet should be powered by a cheap and possibly reusable energy source?  I'm guessing something that's not Nuclear. I remember how that turned out in the Gundam universes. 

Posted 8/17/2013
Well I was working on a Blog late this night. It was on the Manga Uzumaki which is a horror. And as such I looked up Horror Manga images on google. There was so much to see good thing I'm not easily disturbed.

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/17/2013
Big plus to manga when it comes to horror is they can get a away with a lot more than you can on TV.

Posted 8/17/2013
Big plus to manga when it comes to horror is they can get a away with a lot more than you can on TV.

Is that because they don't have real world limits or something else?

By... "TheAwsome"

Posted 8/17/2013
Pretty sure it has to deal with the fact that if they tone down the violence it would reach a broader market and can make more money. Plus you normally see a greater focus on character development in anime horror series. While I love character development it doesn't help with a true horror series. You're not supposed to be able to get a full character background in horror since they normally die off way before they have the chance to get that involved. 

As I also commented in your post character development in horror normally leads to predictable deaths. Most of the time they'll spend the prior episode or the episode they die in building up their back story just so you feel emotionally connected to the character before they die. If they do it right each character will have about the same level of development and you will have no idea whose going to die.

Posted 8/19/2013
Wait, this subject got off discussion.

Eating rainbow sorbet while sucking down aspirin to sooth a headache likely caused from drinking at a friend's wedding. BRIGHT side. I got my phone to work under water finally.

Check it out. Picture of my friend giving his underwater Heisman pose.

Posted 8/20/2013
He looks super.

Posted 8/20/2013
So how many phones did you have to go through to get it to work underwater? lol

Mine's supposed to work, but not going to ever risk it. Won't even let it near the bathtub.

Posted 8/20/2013
So how many phones did you have to go through to get it to work underwater? lol

Mine's supposed to work, but not going to ever risk it. Won't even let it near the bathtub.
 I wonder if it's that new water proof nanotechnology they are using to make it water proof?

By... "TheAwsome"

Permanently remove poll and all votes forever.
Open
Notice
Closed
Deleted
Edit Post
Cancel Edit
Achievement!
Document the discovery of a new anime.
#38646;